The Emilia Reggio and Montessori Methodology
The Emilia Reggio method is student centred and uses self-directed, experiential learning in relationship driven environments.
- Based on the principles of respect, responsibility and community through exploration and discovery based on a self-guided curriculum.
- It allows children to express their own ideas as they form their personality.
- Allows children to develop natural interest in a non-formal learning environment.
- The Montessori method is based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning and collaborative play.
- In the classroom, children make creative choices in their learning.
- The classroom is a happy place to be in.
- A highly trained teacher offers age appropriate activities to guide the process.
- This method emphasises learning through all 5 senses and not just listening, watching or reading.
- In the Montessori class, children learn at their own individual pace and according to their own choice of activities from various possibilities.
- The aim is to form a family like community helping children gain confidence and develop to his / her potential.
Aims and Objectives
- We aim to develop in your child a good physique, muscular coordination and basic motor skills.
- To develop in your child good health habits and basic skills for personal adjustments such as dressing, eating, washing etc.
- To help your child attain social attitudes and manners.
- To encourage your child in healthy group participation and sensitive to the rights and privileges of others.
- To help your child develop emotional maturity by guiding him or her to express, understand, accept and control his or her feelings and emotions.
- To encourage independence and self - expression.
- To develop your child to express his or her thoughts and feeling in fluent, correct and clear speech